Saving money has always been a good thing and with the current state of economy, it is a really great thing to do. But as we look for ways to save money, we miss out on one really important thing – being eco-responsible.
So I decided to combine these two motivations and build a list of really cool products that help you save money and the environment all at the same time. Here they are, ordered according to their novelty and innovativeness: –
10. CFL Energy Saving Blubs – These have been around for a long time now and have been known to consume as much as 70% less energy than normal bulbs. So just think, if you have been spending $100 for just lighting your house, you can now getaway with spending just $30!
9. Solar Radio – DAB Radio powered through solar energy. Save money on electricity bills, batteries and take your radio anywhere. Lasts up to 27 hours on a full charge.
8. Ecoballs Laundry Cleaner – These use mineral salts to produce ionized oxygen that pulls out deep-rooted dirt. No need to use detergent. Needs very little water to rinse out. So you save water and money.
7. Eco-responsible toilet deodorizer – Made out of stainless steel, uses no chemicals, needs no refills and lasts a lifetime! Neutralizes every smell and you do not have to spend anything on it ever again.
6. Voltaic Laptop Bag – Uses solar panels to recharge virtually any electronic gadget. Take your gadgets anywhere and keep them running. Save on batteries, electricity bills.
5. Water Powered Clock – Clock that runs on water! Just add some lemon juice to make it more efficient. Save on batteries.
4. USB Powered AA Batteries – Rechargeable NiMH batteries that can be recharged through USB ports. Utilize the power that you are already using to run your computer.
3. Wind Up Radio – No to feature two radios in the same post but this one is really cool, you can wind up this radio like you would a toy and then enjoy it for a couple of hours. No external power required because the power comes from an internal dynamo.
2. Hand Cranked Washing Machine – Yes, this washing machine requires no power, just muscles! You put in small amounts of laundry and crank the handle. Perfect for camping trips, bachelors and students.
And for one of the most proven ways of saving your money and making a dramatic impact on the environment.
1. Bayes Waterless Car wash – Which sounds quite impossible but it’s actually quite possible! It uses special eco-responsible cleaners to get the cleaning job done and you can simply wipe it off after use, no water required. These non-toxic cleaners are absolutely safe for the environment plus you save a ton of water and money by using this. No need to use wax, hosepipes or anything. So things are as eco-responsible as possible and your car and/or bike exteriors will be gleaming once you are done. Works great on stubborn dirt, grime, tar and even bugs, with no streaking!